Schulte’s is very proud of their involvement in the local community. Their involvement reaches from the local St. Michael-Albertville School district to area Churches. Over the years Schulte’s has participated in the following events:
- Green for Life (Late September) - Trees were planted in the local community to help teach the positive impact trees have on the environment.
- Bids for Kids (Mid Spring) - We provide plants for the silent & live auction that helps the kids of the St. Michael Catholic School.
- Gardening to Share (June through September) - Members of the community bring in their extra produce to the Hanover Area Food Shelf; they receive a $10.00 Schulte's certificate.
- Pot Recycling (June through September) - Schulte's recycles used plastic garden pots, trays and hanging baskets.
- Community Gardens (Summer) - Seeds and plants are donated through the Catholic Church for the Community Garden.
- Spring Days Master Gardener (March) - Donations towards the raffle have been made and we participated in the Business Expo.
- St. Michael Daze & Knights (August) - We participated in the Business Expo along with making donations.
- St. Michael Catholic Church Fall Festival (September) - Donations have been made to the St. Michael Catholic Church.
- Boy Scout Eagle Service Projects - Schulte's has provided consulting to scout's attempting their Eagle Service project along with partial donations.
- Beebe Lake Improvement Association - Schulte's has donated to the Beebe Lake Improvement Association.
- STMA All Night Grad Party - Schulte's provides plants for displays and decoration for the All Night Grad Party.
- STMA Prom (Spring) - Schulte's Provides plants for displays and decorations for the Grand March.
- American Cancer Society - Relay for Life - Donations have been made through the Relay for Life organization to benefit those with cancer.
- I-94 Chamber of Commerce Dinner - Schulte's provides plants for displays and decorations for the annual dinner.
- Annual National Night Out Celebration Meadow Ponds (August) - Plant donations for the raffle have been made to the Meadow Ponds, St. Michael National Night Out.
- Hanover Harvest Festival - Donations have been made through the Hanover Harvest Festival.
- Wright County Family Child Care Association - We have donated to the Child Care Association raffle.
Our business is doing our part in 'Going Green' and controlling waste. Here is a list of some of the ways we are doing that:
- Customers can bring in their used containers and pots which will be recycled and made into new containers.
- We recycle all of our cardboard and aluminum cans.
- Straw is used for winter covering. It is spread on the field in the spring, dried and bailed to be used again.
- We compost all our used soil, plants, and other organics.
- The fertilizer used on all our plants is controlled-release plant food, which feeds the plant as it needs it. There is no excess run off, therefore no waste.
- Some of our plants are grown in biodegradable pots thereby saving on the use of additional plastic.
- Most of our utility carts are electric, which saves on air pollution.
- We recently did a complete change out of our lighting in all of our buildings saving on energy use.
- Offering a line of natural products for fertilizing the garden, insect, disease, deer & rabbit control also helps in saving the environment.
- We provide environmentally-friendly tips for homeowners on watering your lawn and garden.